Monday, April 25, 2011

Week 4: A Visualization of the Vietnam War

This week's assignment asks us to begin creating a semester long project brief that highlights what we find most interesting about the Dega people. After mulling it over considerably, I find the most interesting thing about their culture to be their relationship with the Vietnam War.






































After the fall of Saigon, Dega people began drastically emigrating from Vietnam to places such as Cambodia and of course, the United States. Actually, North Carolina to be exact. They originally occupied the large majority of the population of the Central Highlands, but have since been devolved to a small majority thanks in large part to the pressures exerted upon them during the war.

To achieve this goal, me and a few of my other classmates will visit a Dega community within the next few weeks and ask them questions pertaining to the Vietnam War. Through one-on-one interactions with them, I know I will leave with a better understanding of a culture I originally knew next to nothing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment